Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Can I use .NET Framework 2.0 from VS .NET 2003?

Currently I am working with VS .NET 2003 with .NET framework 1.1. But recently I found out that some features that only available in .NET framework 2.0 is needed in my project.

I had downloaded the .NET framework 2.0 package and think of want to use it within the VS .NET IDE. Problem arose. I do not know how I can achieve to it. And after a few searches on net, I found out that each release of Visual Studio is only tied to a specific version of the .NET framework.

I found the following comment on the VS 2005 Express FAQ:

Can I develop application using the Visual Studio Express Editions to target the .NET Framework 1.1?
No, each release of Visual Studio is tied to a specific version of the .NET Framework. The Express Edition can only be used to create applications that run on the .NET Framework 2.0


VS .NET 2002 => .NET 1.0
VS .NET 2003 => .NET 1.1
VS .NET 2005 => .NET2.0
VS .NET 2007 (codenamed Orcas) => .NET3.0

0 comments:

 

Get paid for your opinions! Click on the banner above to join Planet Pulse. Its totally free to sign up, and you can earn UNLIMITED. Find out more by visiting PLANET PULSE.
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly. http://www.emailcashpro.com
July Code Blog Copyright © 2010 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template